Fun Valentines Day Activities
These Valentines Day activities will get your toddler or preschooler involved in the celebration of love - in a fun way.
Kids don't need an excuse to enjoy a delicious "romantic" picnic in the park - but "celebrating" Valentine's Day will do.
You can keep even the littlest of toddlers busy with these craft activities, or choose one from the Valentine Day Crafts for Kids section.
Other great ways to keep your child busy this Valentine's Day is by making special Valentine Cards or playing fun Games.
Rainy days are great for testing out these yummy Valentines Day Recipes, or making someone special a unique Homemade Valentine Gift.
This craft activity is so easy for kids to do - and toddlers love it!
It's also a great way to use up bits and pieces of ribbon, feathers or even old Christmas decorations that won't make it to the tree another year.
What You Need:
- 2 pieces of contact paper - as big or as little as you like, but cut the "cover" a little bit longer than the base.
- sticky tape
- heart shapes - can use these heart templates
- bits and pieces of anything - ribbon, string, feathers, pieces of tissue paper, pom poms etc
What To Do:
- Get all the bits and pieces ready to go - an empty egg carton makes a great tray.
- Remove the paper off the base contact paper piece and stick - sticky side up - onto a table top. This will keep it in place.
- Let your toddler or preschooler decorate it to their hearts content.
- When they're done, cover the base piece with the longer sheet of contact paper. Overlap to firmly attach the top piece to the bottom piece.
- Tape the other edges up with sticky tape and stick onto a window or glass door.