Huhhhh! Our Kindergarten Halloween Crafts is a spooky recycled pot plant, perfect as a yard decoration, not only during Halloween. You can use it year around and it will still look awesome in summer.
This Halloween yard decoration adds a little touch ghoulishness to your garden with this easy to make tin can planter.
Create a monstrous plant pot with your little monsters this Halloween and plant fall and cold weather hardy plants such as garlic or more ornamental but still delicious snow peas.
1. Remove all labels and thoroughly clean the tin can. Flatten or file down all sharp points for the safety of little fingers
2. Lightly scour the surface of the tin can with the steel wool or file
3. Puncture the bottom of the tin can several times using the hammer and nail
4. Lay down a drop sheet and set up the paint and the tin on top of it
1. Get your art smock on!
2. Paint the curved sides of the tin green and allow to dry.
Make sure you wash your paintbrush before it dries. You will need it later on again.
3. If you can still see streaks of silver from the tin once it is dry paint again.
4. Now paint the Frankenstein or monster face. You can start right away with acrylic paint, but I recommend to first sketch the face with a soft pencil. (Depending on the age of the kid, you might have to help here).
Lightly sketch two black circles for the eyes, two lines for the eyebrows, a line for the mouth and then draw a zig zag border around the top of the can.
5. Paint over the pencil details with the black acrylic paint then fill in the top border with black paint. Allow to dry.
6. Line the bottom of the tin can with lightly packed stones
7. Fill the rest of the tin can with potting mix then plant the seeds or bulbs into the soil.
8. Water and place in full sun or shade according to seed packet instructions.
It's best do do this Kindergarten Halloween Crafts at least on week before the time, so the seeds or bulbs have enough time to grow and blossom. If you're short on time, use plants that are already blossoming.
This plant pot can be used over and over again for many years to come.